UPDATE: Thank you for the overwhelming response for afccSKETCH! Submissions are now closed. View all submissions online!
Come see for yourself the winning entries, which will be exhibited at the Book Illustrators Gallery from 14 May – 3 June at the B1 Exhibition Area, National Library Building!
Our online illustration contest is BACK! This year’s theme revolves around: birds, friendship and Japan. We accept works from around the world!
Submit an illustration inspired by these three keywords (you may refer to one word, or all three), and stand to win full passes to the Writers & Illustrators Conference! Submissions will be judged on skill, aesthetic quality, and creative interpretation of the theme.
Rules and guidelines
- Submission deadline: 1 April 2016
- Email your submissions to [email protected]. Please include your full name, age, and country of origin.
- Illustrations must be drawn specially for afccSKETCH 2016. We accept both hand-drawn and digital artworks.
- As the two winning entries may be printed for display at the Books Illustrators Gallery, please send us high-res PDF/TIF copies of your illustrations (no larger than A4-size).
- You may submit up to two entries for consideration.
- The organisers reserve the rights to reject submissions containing distasteful or inappropriate content.
- Online voting period (on AFCC’s Facebook page): 11 – 29 April 2016
- Announcement of winners: 6 May 2016
Judges’ choice: A full Writers and Illustrators Conference pass (worth $350)
Voters’ choice: A full Writers and Illustrators Conference pass (worth $350)
Here are some submissions from AFCC 2013.