Your first page must be formatted as follows:
- In the top right-hand corner, list the genre (picture book, chapter book, middle-grade novel, young-adult novel) and word count of the entire manuscript.
- Halfway down in the middle of the page should be the title. The beginning of the manuscript runs below this.
- Use Times New Roman font, size 12, and double-spaced. (Approximately 100 words will fit in this space.)
- Margins should be one-inch all around. No identifying information needs to be given. Authors can remain anonymous.
- Please send your formatted first page as a MS Word (.doc) attachment. Entries will only be accepted by EMAIL (with the subject “AFCC – FIRST PAGES”) to [email protected]
We will try and read as many submissions as possible, but cannot guarantee all submissions will be read. Pages will only be accepted via email and only with the proper formatting.
- Only one submission will be accepted per registered AFCC participant.
- Only the first 100 words of each manuscript will be read during the session.
- Only verbal critiques will be given to participants, who must be present at the conference session.
Please contact us again if you do not receive an acknowledgement within one week.