We are finally going back in–person! (Well almost…!) This year’s Asian Festival of Children’s Content (AFCC) will take place from 26 to 29 May as a hybrid festival, with a mix of in-person and digital sessions!
If you enjoy children’s literature and love meeting new friends with similar interests, join us as a volunteer today!
AFCC needs *you* for the following roles:
- Take charge! You will be assisting with the session set-up of the venue you are assigned to, and also the briefing of the speakers. We will also enlist your help to resolve any issues that may arise.
- Put on your mega-watt smiles! You will be stationed at the different Festival venues within the National Library Building to assist with ticket registration, crowd control and the management of safe distancing regulations
- Personal assistants to the Festival staff! You help out with anything under the sun. Don’t forget your umbrellas!
- Capture all the action in the venue(s) that you are assigned to!
- Calling all techies, we need your help to run our digital sessions! This includes making sure everyone can see and hear each other on the online platform, as well as toggling between different applications to ensure a smooth experience for everyone.
- Applicants should be 18 years old and above.
- Applicants must be fully vaccinated in May 2022.
- Applicants may choose to volunteer for digital or physical sessions, or both*.
- Successful applicants must be able to volunteer for a minimum of (2) two digital session shifts or two (2) physical session shifts from 26 to 29 May 2022**.
- Applicants are required to attend a pre-event briefing in May. (Dates to be confirmed)
*Volunteers for digital sessions are required to be on-site at the National Library Building as well.
**The are two shifts:
- In-person sessions: AM shift (8am - 3.30pm) and PM shift (2pm - 9pm)
- Digital sessions: AM shift (7.30am - 2.30pm) and PM shift (1pm - 8pm)
- Volunteers will receive a complimentary Festival Pass after completing the minimum required number of shifts*.
*Requirements for digital sessions: Minimum completion of two (2) shifts.
Requirements for in-person sessions: Minimum completion of two (2) shifts.
Contact us at email@example.com for any queries.
Apply to Volunteer!