Media Pitch 2021
|Date:||29 May 2021 (Saturday)|
|Time:||11:00am – 12:00pm (SGT) Convert Time|
The Media Pitch returns this year to AFCC!
Stand a chance to be one of five finalists to pitch your projects to notable OTT, VOD streaming platforms and major kids channels such as Nickelodeon, WarnerMedia, Tencent 腾讯 media and Discovery Kids.
Submission for Media Pitch 2021 is closed.
Applicants whose pitches are selected for presentation at the Media Pitch will:
- receive a complimentary AFCC 4-Day Festival Pass,
- undergo a mentorship with industry executives,
- have a chance for their project to be selected as Best Pitch
29 March - 30 April: Call for submissions
3 May - 7 May: Notification on application status
10 May - 27 May: Mentorship for finalists
29 May: Finalists pitch their projects at the AFCC Media Pitch
We welcome submissions of all forms of creative projects (animation, short films, TV projects etc). Project concepts should be aimed towards a kids audience.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Application is free and open to all.
- Local and international applications from creators and producers are welcome.
- Pitch submissions should be in English, though project concepts may be in languages other than English.
- Applicants for the Media Pitch should submit all required pitch materials for their application to be considered eligible. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
- Only one project per applicant can be submitted.
- To submit your application, please prepare the following:
- A synopsis of your proposed media pitch (less than 500 words)
- A clear statement of the target audience
- A brief profile/biography of applicant(s)
- Any additional materials such as sketches, storyboards, graphic elements etc are welcome, but not necessary. The presentation should be submitted as a single Word, PDF, or Powerpoint document, not exceeding 8MB.
- Only projects with a complete set of the above-mentioned content, submitted via the online form before 30 April 2021, 2359 (SGT) will be considered. Incomplete or late entries may be disqualified and no other methods of entry will be accepted.
- SBC will not be responsible for any lost, damaged, incomplete or ineligible pitch entries.
- Applicants would need to ensure that their work is original and that it does not infringe upon or violate copyright, trademark, right of privacy or any other right of any person or entity. If any pitch material is found to have violated any right or law, the pitch entry will be disqualified.
- Pitch entries must not contain third party copyrighted materials (images, music etc.) without the applicant first obtaining all necessary licenses, clearances, releases and/or permission. Applicants would need to obtain written consent and agreement from the owner.
- Correct entry information is the responsibility of the applicant. Applicants will need to check that all information provided is true and correct. If any information is found to be incorrect, the pitch entry may be disqualified.
- SBC will only use participant’s personal information for the purpose of this programme. SBC will take all precautions to protect participants’ personal data where possible,
- By submitting an entry, applicants agree to be bound by the rules and regulations. Failure to abide by any of the terms and conditions may result in the disqualification of their entry.
- All pitch entries that enter are eligible for the selection process for AFCC Media Pitch 2021 provided that the entry is a new and original concept which has not been commissioned for commercial/public production.
- Adaptations of film, books or any other source material by other creators are not eligible under any circumstances. A work that you have adapted from an individual's own film, books or any other source material is eligible if the applicants have retained all IP rights to the property.
- All eligible pitch entries will undergo a pre-selection round of judging based on the criteria of creativity, originality and innovation. The selected projects will also have to be well structured.
- Selected participants will receive one-on-one guidance from industry mentors prior to the main pitch event on 29 May.
- The AFCC Media Pitch is scheduled to take place on 29 May.
- All finalists authorise SBC to use his/her name if necessary during the pitch session.
- All finalists will have to confirm their availability and will be asked to attend a preparatory and technical rehearsal of the live pitch.
- All finalists understand that the AFCC Media Pitch session will be accessible to all AFCC Festival Pass ticket holders for participation as audiences.
- SBC reserves the right to change, modify or amend the rules at any time.
- If for any reason that the pitch is interrupted, delayed, cancelled or cannot be completed as planned, SBC reserves the right to postpone, suspend or terminate the pitch. The judging panel reserves the right to postpone, suspend or terminate the final round.
- Participants agree to defend, indemnify and hold SBC harmless from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses or expenses arising out of the applicant’s breach of any warranties set forth in the Rules and Regulations, including, without limitation, any claims based on the infringement or violation of any copyright, trademark, right of privacy or right of publicity.
- If an applicant fails to comply with any terms and conditions stated above, the applicant’s pitch entry may be disqualified.
For any queries, please contact [email protected]
Antony Gusscott (New Zealand)
Antony uses his 14 years of expertise to run a creative consultancy firm, Sprinkles on Top, that has worked with over 40 animation series worldwide. Sprinkles on Top helps clients to create: Writers Bibles, Pitching Materials, Show Bibles, Branding Guides and Pilots and aids the pre-production process of animation shows while assisting clients in pitch their series to the global market.
Rob Middleton (UK)
Rob's had a hand in music television, children’s programming, movie channels to business news and hasn’t lost a finger yet. Along the way, he’s mentored more than a few of Asia’s promo kings and queens. Dirty as it sounds, you’d need three hands to count the Rocket Award winners that have passed through his system. And on top of all that, he’s Asia’s leading voice over…just ask him.
Tang Chi Sim (Singapore)
Chi Sim is the founder and CEO of Omens Studios, a CG animation studio based in Singapore with offices in Malaysia, UK and China. As an Executive Producer, he works with different creative talents in the development of long and short-form content, and is also responsible for the financing, production and commercialisation of media content.
Yoshiya Ayugai (Singapore)
Yoshiya is a Writer/Producer for kids and family content working across the Asia Pacific region. Yoshiya is originally from Japan and has held development and production executive positions in Tokyo, LA, Hong Kong and in Singapore at Disney, Cartoon Network and Netflix, working with the most dynamic animation studios in the region.