Enhance your knowledge and develop your skills by participating in our masterclasses.
Each masterclass session is ticketed individually.
AFCC Digital Pass holders enjoy a discount of 10% - 15% off regular prices for AFCC Masterclasses.
Purchase an AFCC Digital Pass and receive the discount code in your confirmation email.
The Art (and Science) of Pitching
Date: 15 August 2020 (Saturday)
Time: 2pm - 5pm (SGT)
Featuring: Peter Herbert, Pieter Aquilia
Platform: Online via Zoom
Admission: Tickets at $40 (excluding ticketing charges) via Eventbrite, limited to 20 pax only
Get your Masterclass ticket here
Join instructors from the Australian Film Television and Radio School (AFTRS) in this virtual masterclass which will cover the skills needed to successfully pitch your stories to the screen marketplace.
This masterclass will cover the fundamentals of story and premise, to articulate the emotional impact of the project to your audience. Topics include creating the 3-minute pitch, meeting etiquette, performance, and pitch materials. Writers will learn how to pitch an existing work as a screen idea.
Up to six (6) attendees from this masterclass will be selected to present their pitches at AFCC's Media Critique session, in the presence of representatives from notable media companies. Participants will also receive extended guidance and coaching post-masterclass with one-on-one mentor sessions with the facilitators to prepare and refine their project presentation.
In this masterclass you will:
- Learn about the pitch, project development and storytelling conventions
- Explore the important function of how pitches operate socially and culturally
- Examine approaches and strategies for preparing and executing the successful pitch
- Learn how to incorporate feedback to fine-tune your professional skills in pitching.
By the end of the session, you will be able to:
- Initiate a pitch for a proposed project and prepare collaterals
- Present a pitch that will engage the listener emotionally
- Understand how to adapt your pitch for various professional situations
- Evaluate and respond to feedback to consolidate your professional pitching skills.
Important (Please take note of the following before registering for the masterclass) :
To participate in the masterclass, attendees must prepare and submit the following materials:
- 1 page Curriculum Vitae
- 1-2 page scripted scenes or outline adapted from a book or other source (please indicate the source the scenes/outline is adapted from)
- A 3-minute audio-visual pitch (i.e. video recording) outlining how the pitching masterclass will benefit you
You may compile and save the above items in an online storage folder (e.g. Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive etc.) and include the link to the folder in the Eventbrite registration form.
Do note that should we not receive the above materials prior to the commencement of the masterclass, SBC reserves the right to either cancel or release your ticket reservation.